What I’m Doing Right Now
- Mark-Andrew – Updated May 7th, 2023
- 🛹 Attempting to skateboard across North America again starting mid-May 2023. Currently in Ocean Beach, CA. 9 months post-spinal surgery.
- 🦸 Supporting good humans and causes, like Go Greater Good and Skinny Dip Day 2023!
- 🆓 Building websites at no charge (yes, free like you wouldn’t believe) using WordPress.
- 🏋️♀️ Contributing to the WordPress.org Training Team and Marketing Team (Please come by! We need everyone to get involved and shape the future of the internet and our lives!)
- 🔓 Promoting open source for both the interwebs and ourselves.
- 🖥️ Current WordPress web design projects. My work on each project varies, from complete design and development with hosting, to just support along their journey.
- 🅾️ All of the design, development, and hosting on these sites come with a cost of absolutely $0 dollars charged or expected. The end goal is always to have an (almost) self-sustaining place on the interwebs for these good humans to share their energies. ❤️ The websites below, and on my Portfolio page, are all current works in progress. I’m trying to support and highlight the good humans represented, not myself.
- 🧙♂️ Shanti Vibrations – A good human I met making music and hand twisted jewelry at the beach. – Complete initial design, development, and hosting.
- 🖌️ Gaia Sun’s Gallery – A good human I met selling their incredible art at the beach. – Redesign and update of original build, hosting.
- 🛹 Vessel Skate – A good human I met at a DIY skatepark who ended up creating a 501c skatepark for the city of Worcester, MA. – Redesign and update of original build, hosting.
- ❤️🩹 Surfers Recovery – A good human I met at a coffee shop in Mexico who is uplifting surfers in recovery. – Complete redesign and update of existing website.
- 🐟 School of Fish – A good human I met that is empowering the most in need to be bilingual in order to take control of their futures. – Complete initial design, development, and hosting.
What is a “now page”?
“Most websites have a link that says ‘about’. It goes to a page that tells you something about the background of this person or business.
Most websites have a link that says ‘contact’. It goes to a page that tells you how to contact this person or business.
So a website with a link that says ‘now’ goes to a page that tells you what this person is focused on at this point in their life.
Think of what you’d tell a friend you hadn’t seen in a year. Like, ‘Still living in Dallas, though considering moving to Austin. Working at ABC. Really getting into cycling. The kids are age 3 and 6. I’m reading a lot of Pema Chödrön, and listening to a lot of jazz piano, especially Brad Mehldau. I’ve stopped taking on web design clients, since I’d rather keep improving my back-end database work.’
That’s what a now page is for. You can’t get that big picture from any other outlets I’m aware of.” – excerpts from now now now